Friday, December 10, 2010

Half Brother by Ken Oppel


Check out the book review below by Mrs. Walker, English I teacher. She is an avid reader and always willing to encourage reading by sharing titles of good YA books. If you have read Ken Oppel's book, leave a comment and let us know how you liked it.


Last school year, I read the Airborn trilogy of books from this author. I love the way Oppel presents and develops his characters. This novel is of a very different subject matter from the Airborn novels. Here, the main character Ben has a life changing experience. His parents, who are both scientists, bring home a baby chimpanzee they name Zan to raise as a human child. The author depicts moral and scientific dilemmas faced by both Ben and his parents. I had a hard time putting this book down because I just couldn’t wait to find out what happens to Zan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment