Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King



Is it OK to hate a dead kid? Even if once he was the love of my life? My best friend? Is it OK to hate him for being dead?

I spent my whole life secretly in love with my best friend, Charlie Kahn. Over the years he betrayed me and kept alot of secrets. I still love him even after he ruined everything.

This is how Vera Dietz feels about Charlie Kahn. After Charlie dies under dark circumstances, Vera who knows more about Charlie then anybody else, struggles with whether she should provide information that could clear Charlie's name. But why does Charlie's name have to be cleared? Why would the police want this information? For Vera, this is could be the biggest decision of her life.

This is an unforgettable novel. Smartly written, funny, edgy and always surprising.

Highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment